MGMA Member Community Code of Conduct
MGMA has recently updated its community Code of Conduct. Please accept to continue participation in the MGMA community and thank you for your membership.
Thank you for being part of the MGMA Member Community. We have established these participation guidelines to ensure a positive Community experience for everyone and to help you make the best use of this resource for your practice and your career. Please take a moment to review them to understand what is expected of you and your peers in this new environment.
Above all, while the Community offers an open, engaging and enjoyable environment, keep in mind that it is part of your professional association. We expect you to demonstrate the highest ethical standards in your participation.
We always welcome your questions and comments at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877.ASK.MGMA.
Your decision to participate in the MGMA Member Community (“the Community”) indicates that you have read and accept, without limitation or qualification, this Code of Conduct. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible and can be held personally liable for your Postings and agree to abide by the following:
- Community members’ opinions are expressed strictly in their individual capacities, and not as representatives of MGMA or ACMPE.
- We will not be liable for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted on the Community. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such content. More on limitations on liability
- MGMA may monitor the Community, although we have no obligation to do so. We do not pre-screen or regularly review posted content, but reserve the right to remove at our discretion any content that we believe violates this Code.
- We strictly prohibit defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive and illegal content and actions.
- All postings, commentary and messages are subject to libel, slander, copyright and antitrust laws.
- We reserve the right at all times to disclose any posting and the name of its original poster when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime or other violation of law; to enforce the MGMA Terms and Conditions; or to protect your rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of the MGMA Entities or others.
- Participants are required to provide complete and accurate information when they register for the Community, including their name and verifiable e-mail address. If there is a substantive change in your registration information, you agree to update your information. You may not transfer your account to others.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to suspend or terminate Community access to participants who we believe have violated this Code.
Community participants may not:
- Harvest e-mail addresses or other personal information from the Community. Its success relies upon our ability to maintain members’ privacy.
- Post commercial messages, including solicitations for money, goods or services for charitable purposes or private gain.
- Submit postings relating to actual or potential anticompetitive, collusive, or otherwise unlawful practices that may violate federal and state antitrust laws or MGMA's Antitrust Compliance Policy. Messages may not encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement on the following subjects: prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; commissions; profits, profit margins or cost data; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Submit any Postings that violate or infringe upon the rights of others or that you do not have the right to make available. This includes material that constitutes an invasion of privacy or infringement of publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works thereof, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right-holder.
- Submit any false, misleading or fraudulent Postings.
- Use the Community to promote advocacy efforts that are not sanctioned by MGMA or to gather information or data to support advocacy efforts without first obtaining our prior written authorization.
- Use the Community to communicate with potential participants in formal research of any kind, or to conduct market research, surveys, or academic studies without prior approval of MGMA.
- Post messages only to the most appropriate discussion forums based on content.
- Post a message to an entire discussion forum only when it contains information for everyone’s benefit. Messages like "Me, too!" should be sent using “Reply to Sender.”
- Make your subject line as concise and specific as possible. This makes it easier for people to respond appropriately and to search the archives by subject.
- Please respect the "closed" atmosphere of the Community. Do not forward messages to nonmembers without prior written permission from the poster.
- Don't attack. The communities are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are welcomed, but always be thoughtful and respectful rather than sensational or angry.
- Please refrain from posting any material that could be viewed as offensive to any group of people or organization.
- Don’t post messages that you wouldn’t want the world to see or that you wouldn’t want traced back to you. The Community maintains a permanent record of your posts.
- Commentary is allowed as it pertains to any given topic of discussion. Personal remarks about the sender are not allowed.
Violations of the Code of Conduct
We will investigate any complaints of possible policy violations that come to our attention and take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing content and terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action.
If you see what you believe is inappropriate content in the discussion forums, resource libraries or member profiles, notify MGMA immediately by clicking on the “Report Inappropriate Content” link or e-mailing email@example.com.
If you believe that any materials published in the Community infringe the copyrights of others, please notify our Copyright Agent by e-mailing
- Upon the first violation, the participant will receive a written warning from an MGMA staff member.
- A second violation will result in a three-month suspension from the Community.
- A third violation will result in immediate and permanent suspension of all Community privileges.